1. I'm super glad we made room for a mudroom when we renovated. It's definitely been handy, especially this time of year. Boots everywhere. (hats and gloves are inside the basket)
'Cause as you know, this winter has been ridic. So having a place for the boys to take off all their gear has been great. Even if they leave the floor sopping wet. At least it's all contained in the mudroom.
2. We bought a new van. Well, it's new to us, anyway. It's a 2006 Honda Odyssey and we love it. (Obviously, since this van was on one of my original love/hate lists.) We feel like we're driving a luxury vehicle, compared to what we're used to driving.
After we picked up the van, we celebrated. With ice cream. Ryder got a banana split (something I would have never chosen as a kid).
And Bryce chose pumpkin ice cream. Again...never in a million years. A four year old getting pumpkin ice cream?? Whose kid is this?
3. I bought a new/old table for our seating area in our bedroom. The one that was there before was too little. I'm loving this one. I'm planning on painting it (probably gray) since the current finish isn't the greatest. I like to drink my coffee here when I get the chance. Actually this is where I'm blogging from right now. It's a cozy spot.
4. This kid. I don't get it. He's the sweetest, most precious, little cuddler of a babe but when he wakes up (either in the middle of the night or in the morning), he's a devil child. He screams like someone is torturing him. Then when you run in to see what's wrong, he smiles at you from behind his paci. Don't get it. Little stinker.
5. This couch was at a local thrift store the other day and they wanted like $550 for it. At a THRIFT store. It's cute and all, but seriously, five hundred and fifty smackaroos?? Guess I'm used to $50 side-of-the-road finds. But seriously, would you pay that much for this thing?
6. Mitch and I went on a date last night. Our current fave restaurant is Longhorn. They have seriously good food. I love going out with this man. (he went ALL OUT dressing up in his favorite hockey t-shirt...)
When I mentioned to him about his "sweet attire", he said, "Well you're wearing rubber boots." (they're Hunter ones that I got for my birthday). It's true. I do love wearing my Hunter wellies. Hockey t-shirts and Hunter boots...we make a cute couple. Fun times.
7. We started painting the family room. And I love it. I cut in and Mitch rolled. Can't wait to finish up and show this room off.
We got one wall done (the longest one). The rest of the room will have to wait, since it looks like this. We have a couple things in the way.
8. I got this mascara the other day and am not a fan. I have little stubs for eyelashes so I need to curl them first then apply mascara. Well this stuff basically undid any curl that was there and as the day progressed, it was gone. Not sure what happened to it...it didn't flake or anything, it was just gone. So do you have a certain mascara you swear by? Help a sista out.
9. Oh and before we went to Longhorn last night, we stopped in at Old Navy. We literally hadn't been there since college (10+ years ago) and I was pleasantly surprised. They have really cute stuff there! And their prices are good. So I'm gonna be doing some shopping here soon. Can't wait. I feel like I've literally been wearing the same stuff for years. Oh and if you have a super tall husband (like me), they have extended sizes online. Mitch needs some seriously new clothes too. I jokingly told him I was gonna buy him some slim-fit white jeans like this.
Can you imagine how super tall/skinny he'd look if he rocked these? Ha! It'd be almost as creepy as this 'stache he donned for about 3 minutes before he shaved it off. White skinny jeans and a mustache...hmm...maybe he should start a trend.
You can follow me on Instagram for more sweet pics like these!