I've been craving some zucchini bread and just happened to have a few extra zucchini from the garden. This bread is so moist and delicious (especially with some butter slathered on top).
(adapted from here)
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup refined coconut oil, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium sized zucchini, shredded (don't squeeze out the excess moisture, this keeps the bread moist)
1/2 cup regular oats
1/2 brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Add crumb topping 15 minutes into baking. This allows the crumbs to stay on top rather than sinking into the batter.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.