I told Ryder last night that we would make some cookies today so around 6:45 this morning he came to my bed and said, "Let's make some cookies, Mom!" Kids don't forget a thing, do they? Ugh. So I dragged myself out of bed and decided to make these cookies I found on allrecipes.com. (Love that website.) I chose these cookies because they are made with whole wheat flour and honey. (I did add a teeny tiny bit of brown sugar.) It was worth getting up and making them. They're delicious! Give them a try.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 apple, peeled and shredded
- I added a pinch of salt
- Raisins (I eye-balled it)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.(I used parchment paper.)
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, honey, egg and vanilla until smooth. (Add a touch of brown sugar--approx. 1/4 cup) Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats and apple. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
|One happy customer|